This will eventually become a regular aggregation post. But for now it wll be a little sporadic.
In any case here’s the stuff that has recently caught my eye.
Finance and markets:
- Does the Fed have an insider trading problem?
- *That* Steve Hanke study that showed lockdowns weren’t worth it.
- Rumble offers Joe Rogan $100m to bring show to video platform.
- US adds China’s Wuxi Biologics to ‘Unverified List”, shares dive.
- Softbank’s $66bn sale of chip group Arm to Nvidia has collapsed.
- The global nursing shortage.
- Beijing was supposed to go big on rolling out the digital yuan for the Olympics. But sources on the ground tell me they haven’t come across it yet.
- The Baltic sea has some security issues.
- All the British Navy’s destroyers are in port for repairs as tensions rise.
- American B-52 bombers are being deployed to Britain.
- Former UK defence secretary says biological security “as important as conventional defence” to head off next pandemic.
- US approves £100m support deal with Taiwan for Patriot missiles aimed at boosting the island’s missile defence systems.
- The Julian Assange DAO is doing swimmingly.
- Peter Thiel to exit Meta’s board to support Trump-aligned candidates.
- That fringe movement over in Canada, that no-one else in the media will talk about.
- What’s wrong with the Online Safety Bill.
- Poland braces for up to a million people fleeing war in Ukraine.
From the wires (and not yet on the internet):
- (Bloomberg): ESG Funds Chasing Returns Rethink Exclusion Stance.
A change in the way that ESG funds approach their investment decision-making could provide a significant boost for some long-neglected sectors. Rather than simply avoiding the likes of fossil fuel producers and miners, a number of funds are now choosing to get involved in those companies that can show they’re moving towards sustainable alternatives.
From our correspondent in the fake news zone (because unless you know what the other side is saying, you’ve got A Blind Spot):
- That rogue doctor, Robert Malone, is cautioning against overly relying on the data that has been dumped by Department of Defense whistleblowers. Says it needs more cross-examination.
- Fourth Pfizer dose is insufficient to ward off Omicron, Israeli trial shows.
- Honking is now illegal.
- How many normies still don’t know about the freedom convoy let alone the scale of its organisation and infrastructure?
For the Lols:
- Important message from President Joeb Island.
- Elon Musk wants to know “Why is the traditional media such a relentless hatestream?”
- An idea for a Dystopian movie.
- Eric Weinstein is calling for civil disobedience.
Old articles worth remembering:
- That time Russia leased out a lot of land to China.