I’m going to aim to publish this aggregation post relatively regularly, probably in the mornings from now on. For now I’m just getting into the flow so the timing of the post might be a little haphazard.
Finance and markets:
- The Bitfinex hack launderers have an interesting side hustle.
- Meeting of the BoE’s CBDC technology forum.
- Female founders want money not mentoring.
- Crypto platforms linked to surge in suspicious activity reports.
- How China’s Starbucks Luckin Coffee is staging a comeback.
- North oil and gas to be fired up.
- Two types of self-imposed fuel rationining in the UK.
- Major fusion breakthrough.
- How Binance and Coinbase turned Web3 into Venture3.
- What the new “new vehicles” price index tells us.
- An analysis of where Russia is involved in Africa.
- Putting the Web3 into WW3.
- Edward Lucas says leftwing silence on Kremlin neo-colonialism is striking and shameful.
- Ukrainian soldiers prepare for urban warfare in the ruins of Chernobyl.
- US adds 33 Chinese companies to red flag list.
From the wires:
- (Bloomberg) — China has renewed its campaign to keep commodities markets in check, as the government tries to prevent raw materials prices from overheating while it takes steps to stimulate a faltering economy. Iron ore futures in both Singapore and Dalian tumbled after China’s top state planning body, the National Development and Reform Commission, and the market regulator summoned information providers to warn them against false price disclosure.
- The Antarctica connection: speculation mounts Covid-19 may have been in a lab at the University of Science in Hefei, Anhui Province, China before the outbreak.
- Biohacker Josiah Zayner has a Substack.
From our correspondent in the Fake News zone:
- Pfizer quietly adds language warning that ‘unfavourable pre-clinical, clinical or safety data’ may impact business.
- The everything causes myocarditis apart from vaccines meme.
- Rogan and the Tweet archaeologists.
- Medical journal Cell reports that mRNA vaccines produce higher levels of spike protein than those severely ill with Covid-19.
- Joe Rogan responds.
- Russell Brand says he is not right wing, interviews Matt Taibbi.
- Does the UK have negative vaccine efficacy?
From our correspondent in the Truth News zone:
- Homeland security remains on heightened terrorism alert due to factors including: “an online environment filled with false or misleading narratives and conspiracy theories, and other forms of “mis- dis- and mal-information” (MDM) introduced and/or amplified by foreign and domestic threat actors.”
- The trucker convoy has nothing to do with mandates.
- Mark Carney says those funding truckers are funding sedition.
- Ottawa City Councillor says truckers are guilty of treason and insurrection.
- Tyler Cowen notes the convoy hasn’t received much attention in the US mainstream media for some reason.
- UK report did not find Covid-19 vaccines damage immune response.
- Auto parts supply chains are now at risk in Canada.
Not for the LOLs
- Robin Ince on that Jimmy Carr joke.
- Why comedians stopped being funny.
This is very helpful, thanks! What would also be amazing (if you have the time) to add a sentence summary to each so we get the gist and don’t have to click/read it.
Thanks, but if it’s stuff you read so that we don’t have to, then why are you posting it? Ha
The idea was that it was a daily “proof of work” – what I’m reading and processing, and what will inform my views. Like references at the end of an academic paper, that go towards informing my opinion on things.